A Flash of Jazz - Vitamin Tree


 

He wanted to take me on a long hike. I wasn't sure about it. I'd never been on a hike before. I didn't know the unspoken rules regarding hiking, if there were any. Yet, we woke up on a cool yet sunny Sunday and, after having a full breakfast of pancakes, sausage, and Darjeeling tea, we drove off toward our destination. While he hummed a senseless tune, I looked out the window to the world beyond. To a world that I had barely begun to explore and connect with on a deeper level. I wanted to understand the world around me because in doing so, I would have a better understanding of myself. Finally. We drove for almost an hour, leaving the city behind and entering a world filled with trees, no litter, and quiet. We pulled into the parking lot next to a wooded area and got out of the car. While he checked his provisions and water bottles, I slowly turned around to get a full view of what we were about to encounter. I heard a bird cry out over my head; looking up, I noticed a hawk flying dangerously low in search of its latest meal. Suddenly, I felt dread crawling up my spine. He noticed that something was wrong as he walked toward me. You look as though you've seen a ghost, he chuckled. I looked at my new hiking boots on my feet, then to my hands that smelled of my green tea and jasmine lotion, then at his kind and bearded face. That same face that welcomed me into his world of long hikes, reading thick books by a firepit, and listening to the sounds of the mountains. It's your first hike, he said tenderly, and so I chose this trail because it's not that long and all horizontal. If you like this, then we can work on getting you more acclimated to the harder ones. He took my hands in his and I could smell the pine trees behind us. He closed his eyes and whispered - soak in that Vitamin Tree and you'll feel much better. I took a deep breath and felt my body relax. He then released my hands and we started the trail. At that moment, I knew that I loved him. 


Inspiring music - Shades of Jade by Marc Johnson 


Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle

Choices - Flash Fiction