Adventure With My Muses - Happy New Year PART TWO!


 (Tea Muse artwork by Brittany Lewis)


Frederica: (sighing while writing in her journal) I know that I shouldn't get so worked up over this dilemma of mine, yet I AM worried about it! I truly do hope that 2023 is MY year to-

Tea Muse: (standing in the doorway) HEY!

Frederica: (holding a hand over her heart) I say, I wish you wouldn't do that! (closing her journal and placing it under her pillow) What do you want?

Tea Muse: Kimberly and I are going to a bookstore; wanna come?

Frederica: Sure, why not? (grins) Can you give me just a minute? (pulls out her journal again)

Tea Muse: (runs upstairs to the living room) Yo, she's coming but . . . 

Me: But what?

Tea Muse: I don't know. She seems a little off, more so than usual (grinning). Like something's on her mind.

Me: New Year jitters. Happens all the time. Even to imaginary Muses.

Tea Muse: Oh ha ha.

LATER!

Me: (Setting my bag on the floor at home) Can't believe I found that series for only $30! That's a deal!

Tea Muse: I can't wait to begin that yoga studio mystery series! Woot!

Frederica: (a little sad) That was . . . fun (going downstairs to her room and closing the door)

Me: (looking at Tea Muse with concern) Okay, okay, you were right. I've never seen her like this before. Normally, she's all excited about a bookstore but today?

Tea Muse: Yeah. Interesting. 

Frederica: (pulling out her journal again and looking at it) Am I that hopeless? 


TO BE CONTINUED!


(Frederica artwork by J.W. Bullard)




Viridian Tea Company - Tea Blends for the Strange and Unusual!
Click HERE for the Etsy store link!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle

Flash Fiction - The Folk Musician

Choices - Flash Fiction