Woman At The Mountain


 I arrived here dirty and tired. Stressed out and riddled with anxiety. I wasn't sure of myself, yet I knew I wanted to change. I wanted to feel free. I arrived here and fell to my knees as I wept. I wiped my face and stood up. I was in a different land, one that I never expected to be in. I looked to the west and saw mountains. They stood before me without judgment or harsh words. They merely said, "Welcome." I walked closer to the mountains and it was then that I noticed a woman with her back to me. She stood tall and proud, her hair clean and flowing around her. She turned and I gasped: she was me. I was her. Welcome to the next level, she said with a smile. Why am I here, I asked through cracked lips. Because you've carried so much dirt on your back that it's seeped into your body, she replied. You are here to clean up and be the person you've always wanted to be. She handed me a towel and I went to a small stream to wash my face and arms. With every swipe of the towel, I removed the layers of people telling me what they thought I needed to hear. Layers of gaslighting, lies I told myself, being used in every way, and confusion as to where I was and who I was. I then removed my clothing and handed it to her. She burned the clothes and handed me a pair of soft pants and a loose-flowing shirt. I finished bathing and then took the clothes from her. They felt warm against my skin. Now it's time to work, she said. I just got here, I protested. I need a nap! You'll have time for many naps, she replied with a laugh, except today and for a while, you need to kick your own ass and get into gear. This isn't a place for whiners, she added. Out here, you find yourself. You clean yourself. You work on yourself. She shook her head - too many people don't want to do the hard work on themselves. But you, you want AND need it. So, she said as she took my hand, let's get to work. And so, I did and continue to do.  



Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle

Choices - Flash Fiction