All Things Tea in One Little Book



Although I have many books regarding the subject of Tea, The Tea Cyclopedia by Dr. Keith Souter was quite a nice surprise. This slender book is full of goodies regarding all things Tea. Within this book you'll find the history of the world's favourite drink, the steps in processing the different kinds of Tea, and interesting moments in history regarding Tea. Dr. Souter also talks about the Tea smugglers who would do anything to procure the leaves, the many health benefits that Tea offers, Tea Jennys - witches who used Tea in their magick, the art of Tasseography or Tea leaf reading, and much more. He even discusses Tea in literature - books and Tea always seem to go together well.

In my own Tea Path, I have met many people who are just as obsessed with Tea as I am, probably even more. We all share a love for that drink and we take special care in preparing it just right. Dr. Souter confesses early in the book that he is quite obsessed with Tea and rightfully so. When I tried Tea for the first time, I really wasn't sure what to expect yet I changed for the better. Although I do drink coffee every so often, my love of Tea will always prevail. And, after reading The Tea Cyclopedia, my appreciation for it has increased. Tea is now being blended with alcohol and beer to create new cocktails, people who want to learn more about Tea are taking classes and getting certified on the subject, and who can't resist going out for High Tea or setting up a little Tea party for friends?

Much thanks to Dr. Souter for writing this book  I raise my cup to you!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT