Review - Stassen Jasmine Green Tea

Now that the holidays are (somewhat) over, I'M BACK! Staring 2020 on a good foot or cup!

While making my latest trip to New Orleans, I finally ventured into Hong Kong Market. If you ever visit New Orleans or you live there, this is the place to go to for all your international food needs! Whenever I go to an international market, I always go to the Tea aisle first - habit. Their aisle did not disappoint and it was there that I learned about Stassen Tea. Stassen Tea, located in Ceylon (Sri Lanka), appears to have quite the selection of teas on their website - I also picked up a box of their Ceylon Tea, like ya do.

Okay, here we go - Jasmine Green Tea!



As soon as I pulled out the bag of tea bags from the box, I had to smell the tea. WOW! The scent was quite a lovely blend of jasmine and green tea. I know that sounds really dumb, but bear with me - sometimes, with blends, you will get one ingredient overpowering the others, making you wonder just exactly what you are about to brew. With this Jasmine Green, I knew from the smell alone that this would be a well balanced cup of tea. I wasn't wrong.


First Slurp: I'm currently taking an online course on the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Era. Since I'm a Francophile, these classes are like candy to me. While watching my class for the day, I took my first slurp and found myself pleasantly surprised. I've been drinking another kind of Jasmine Green (Chinese) for many years and I've noticed that no matter how I may change the brewing, it still tastes a bit bitter. However, with the Stassen, I found myself enjoying the somewhat buttery, somewhat grassy, lightly jasmine tea. I rolled the first slurp in my mouth, allowing the flavours to really come out and pop. Buttery, "sea-like", jasmine, grassy, soft, balanced - all in one sip. I kinda hated the fact that I didn't make a larger cup. Oh well. 

I have to be careful whenever I drink certain teas in the morning, especially blacks or greens. I tend to get light stomach pains if I don't have food in my stomach; however, the Stassen Jasmine Green did not upset my stomach at all. In fact, it quite comforted it. This will be one of my go to teas for the morning. 

Much thanks to Stassen Tea!

Much Love and Oolong Tea! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae