Tea Review: Colonial Bohea Pekoe Black Tea - Oliver Pluff and Company


Happy Friday to all!

Today, I decided to return to a tea that makes me quite giddy - Colonial Bohea (pronounced Boo-Hee) Pekoe Black Tea from Oliver Pluff and Company!  Every so often, I do enjoy a nice smoky tea (Hu-Kwa from Mark T. Wendell Tea Company is my all time favourite) and I love telling people about lapsang souchong and how it can scent up half of your house when brewing it! The Colonial Bohea, although a black tea, is quite smooth on my stomach in the morning; in fact, I had three cups of it while taking my French Revolution course this morning! Vive le France!


First Slurp: Like I said, this tea is quite smooth on my stomach. The First Slurp had a creamy smoky feel to it, with an undertone of earthy. You can add cream and/or sugar to this Tea, but quite honestly it doesn't need anything extra. You can enjoy this Tea all by itself. It's quite cold here in Memphis, so the Colonial Bohea is a good "stay indoors and watch movies or be creative" Tea. The smoky aspect of the Tea is not overpowering at all. Even if you don't like a little smoke in your Tea, this one is well blended and balanced so that you experience all of the Tea and not just the smoky aspect. This is a good cuppa that stood the test of time.



I just read on the Oliver Pluff website that the Bohea was so popular during colonial times that Bohea became the slang term for Tea! By the way, as I took this photo, the smoky aspect greeted my senses again - I could probably make another pot of this Tea with these leaves. However, I tend to be a Tea Snob (sorry), so it's one brew for me with this one.

Here is the story regarding Oliver Pluff and Company - taken from the website:

Oliver Pluff & Company tells the story of historic American beverages--including teas, spiced-drinks, cacao, and coffee--for historical sites, National Parks, gourmet markets, and consumers looking for a great beverage, hand-packaged in signature, artisan tins.  We connect people around the country to the early American experience through these historic beverages.    
Oliver Pluff & Company is a Veteran Owned Small Business.



Much thanks to Oliver Pluff and Company for this superb Tea!



Much Love and Oolong Tea! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae