Tea Review - Avocado Leaf Tea



 Avocado leaves as TEA????

Yep!

I had the pleasure of meeting the folks of Avocado Leaf Tea during the World Tea Expo last year and I have to admit - I was intrigued by their Tea. I mean, I love avocado slices on sandwiches and I LOVE guacamole, but TEA? Actually, avocado leaves are some of the healthiest leaves to consume. According to their website, avocado leaves are "a powerful antioxidant, a natural anti-inflammatory, beneficial in a reduced risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, and helps kidney function." All of that in one cup of Tea.

First Slurp: 

The Tea bag I steeped gave off a slightly fresh smell - not in a bad way but more of bright and green. Like a perfect day in June. After allowing the bag to steep for quite some time, my First Slurp brought a smile to my face. The taste of the Tea is slightly grassy/vegetables cooked al dente with a hint of citrus. With every sip, the taste becomes more and more pronounced yet it's not a bad taste at all. The soothing part of the Tea reminds me of a cup of chamomile - a great way to end a long and stressful day. Same with Avocado Leaf Tea. 

Much thanks to Avocado Leaf Tea for their tasty and healthy addition to the Tea industry!








Comments

  1. Intriguing! I’m a fan of avocados and had no idea tea could be made from the leaves. I’m actually growing an avocado plant. Hmm. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle