The Word Sea - Poem


 

Gracefully upon the word sea, the figure dances.

Darling sailor come closer and see, see

What the sea of ink that came from squid

Shall tell me today.

Shall it be a song of loss or a song of revenge?

Give me your ears, darling sailor, and listen to the winds

That carry such smells, old and forgotten by those

Who refuse to see with metal eyes.

Darling sailor, read to me, read to me

What the word sea says.

I place my hand into the ink that flows

So slowly and pull out a single word -

Love. Grace. Anguish. Delight. Salt. Tears.

Darling sailor, take care upon the ink of squid

That festers and boils when not used by silver tongues

Slip downward into the murk and free me, free me.

Here in the prison that no one can see.

Do you not hear my pleas, my darling sailor?

That which is never used, that which is overlooked.

Gracefully, gracefully, upon the word sea

Tell me a story, darling sailor, and let it be free.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Choices - Flash Fiction