As It Was - Poetry




 

This is the time when we must stop what we are doing and listen, listen, listen

To what our ears no longer pick up.

To what we have denied ourselves for the longest time.

This is the time to rise, phoenix, sending flames to everyone, a fire baptism.

Reach deep within ourselves and pull out the dream.

One impossibly long, aching dream, escaping sighs from our lips

Trying desperately hard not to scream when the knowing ends

And the forgetting goes finally away.

This is old, very old, our dreams, primitive and brown and black

Rough edges, smoothed over by time and wants that increase with speed and haste.

This is not what I had hoped for.

As a witch, I dreamt of flying over little towns,

Like a bird of prey, silence my guide, my dream of dreams

And still it comes to this never-ending cycle of my questions

From which there is no answer, only my dreams and my stained soul have to offer

(not much)

I want to finally see again, like so many others, those with the eyes that sparkle

Their dreams, they did pull with a steady hand and no attacks

From the world of machines, this I dream of too within and without.

People too soon to give up, toss out, wash away,

To make it clean, sanitary, unholy

But lacking in that form, that grace when we must advance on the Way, never looking to the side

And give in to the destination at the end of the road, our Road, your own Road.

My eyes, blind through years of usage and regrets that I have carried upon my back,

Passengers, silent, never complaining, never asking for a drink of water

To wet their throats.

I am tired. This journey is not easy

As so many others say to me, whispers mad like in my ears, making them bleed.

I feel like a painting, gazed upon by people who could care less,

Only knowing that they are glad it is not them up there, bare to the soul

So that the world may view them. I feel naked, no clothing, nothing

Only shades of distant wishes and dreams, sown together to make a quilt

That I might lie my head and rest, sinking fast, into oblivion.

May it all finally go away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle