For The Love of Bookstores - BookBar


 BookBar is a bookstore for wine lovers and a wine bar for book lovers. I didn't get it until I finally visited the cute bookstore on Tennyson Street in Denver on a sunny Saturday morning. As soon as I walked in, I felt strangely at home. Not because of the wine (I'm allergic), but because of the energy the place exudes. Actually, let me back up a little. Tennyson Street is one of those areas in Denver in which you could spend an entire day - restaurants, pet stores, parks, bookstores, and other places to delight your senses. The more I explore Denver, the more I'm seeing pockets like Tennyson Street. Havens of Third Places for people who need a break from their work and home. BookBar consists of books galore plus a cafe that serves all kinds of drinks, both non-alcoholic and alcoholic, and you want to find a table and just chill. I wandered through the bookstore, not really looking for anything in particular, until I reached the local authors' section. I located a super cool novella titled No Regrets by Juliana Rae Nicewarner (look for my review soon!) and clutched it to my chest. Finding a book by a new author means a lot to me. I get to see their view of the world. 

BookBar, and the rest of Tennyson Street, is super hip and super laid back. Nothing wrong with that at all. I also felt at home in that area, thanks to finally embracing my hipster side and not having it clash with my Goth, literary, bohemian, et al sides. At one point, I looked outside of a window in the back of the bookstore and noticed that there were outdoor sofas just waiting for someone to purchase a book and a drink, then proceed outside to resume with their self-imposed chill. I keep saying the word chill but it's true. BookBar is a reservoir of CHILL. I kept thinking to myself: I gotta bring my boyfriend here. 

Colorado continues to amaze me with what the state has to offer. I came here with no expectations except to expand upon my inner self and I find that the state is okay with that. In almost every bookstore I have visited here, I have felt nothing but WELCOME IN AND BUY SOME BOOKS! BookBar has been added to that list. They even have a Well Read Black Girls Book Club that I'm looking forward to attending, AND they are always looking for local authors to share their books. I hope they like Jackie Verona. 


BookBar - 4280 Tennyson Street, Denver, Colorado 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle

Choices - Flash Fiction