Adventures With My Tea Muse - The War of the MUSES


 (Tea Muse artwork by Brittany Lewis)


And so it begins . . . . 

Tea Muse: (hiding behind a bookcase) Heh heh . . . 

Frederica: (walking to her room, only to get a water balloon filled with cold tea splattered on her face) I say! Really! Ugh! (running to her room and slamming the door)


The next day . . . 

Frederica: (pointing to the notes on the sheet) Okay, here we go, and Open A and hold it!

Me: (playing the open a on my violin)

Frederica: Now, try this part by yourself. You've shown so much progress.

Me: Thanks! (squinting my eyes as I play the notes)

Tea Muse: (suddenly appearing) Sounds good! Lemme try! (taking the violin from me, sticking it under her chin, and proceeds to play Paganini's 24 Caprices) 

Frederica: (mouth hanging open)

Me: (mouth hanging open)

Tea Muse: (stops playing) What? Oh, here ya go. (returns my violin and then goes upstairs)


And still the next day . . . 

Tea Muse: (taking a long shower while singing off key, only to scream as a snake falls into the bathtub) YIKES! (stops screaming when she realizes it's a rubber snake) Oh ha ha. (peers out of the shower curtain and sees no one) 

Frederica: (sitting on her bed) Tee hee, I GOT her! 



One more day?

Me: (eating a bowl of cereal at the table) 

Tea Muse and Frederica yelling at each other - 

Tea Muse: I TOLD you that I don't have it! Will you please stop bothering me?!

Frederica: Oh, don't play coy with me, missy! (yanks on her hair) Give. It. Back!

Tea Muse: (pushing Frederica away and slapping her hands off her hair)

Me: (still eating cereal, as I've now gotten used to them fighting) 

James: (entering the living room) STOP IT! (everyone freezes, even me) Alright, so it seems that I need to step into all of this mess. (looking at the two Muses) You two can either get along or you're BOTH leaving my house!

Tea Muse: But!

Frederica: But!

James: No buts! 

Me: (silently laughing as I resume eating my cereal)

Tea Muse: Hey, um, sorry James. It's your house.

Frederica: Sorry and all.

James: (turning to me) I think you need a hippie Muse (leaving the room)

Tea Muse: (turning to Frederica) Wanna be friends?

Frederica: (extending hand to shake) Sure. Why not? (shaking hands)

Me: (noticing that both Muses have crossed their fingers behind their backs) Sigh. Imaginary friends are the WORST!




Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!
Click HERE for the Etsy store link!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle