Tea Witch - Fiction

 



Once upon a time . . . . 

I was born into a world filled with myths and creatures too fantastic to describe. I longed to have tea with Hecate and fly with massive raven's wings. I learned the word WITCH through books and stories whispered in the winds. And I didn't want to believe any of it. People who met me thought me to be too much for the world and themselves, so they stripped me of myself. For years, I listened to everyone else tell me just who I was and I believed them. They told me I was a plaything, a passing fancy, a being to control. Those who had power tried to break and mold me into their idea of submission. Every time I showed myself, even a hint of it, it was met with curse words and more rules. I wept. I hated. I feared. One day, while sitting in a cluttered room, I heard something whisper to me - who are you? I closed my eyes as I smoked my cigarette and the words came again - who are you? I opened my eyes and answered back - I don't know but I'm willing to find out. Slowly, ever so slowly, the world that I knew to be safe started to crumble and turn to ash. A strong wind blew everything away, leaving me naked and vulnerable. And still the voice asked me - who are you? I packed my belongings and turned to the Sun, where a woman drinking tea met me. Who are you, I asked her. I'm you completely, she replied as she handed me a cup. I took one sip of the fragrant tea and then once upon a time, a woman became herself. 



Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Choices - Flash Fiction