The Power of the Word - Poetry



I think writers are gods-
To create a life within a sentence
Give it breath or a disease
To finally cut it short
Like Fate, shears in blood
Rusted.
The power of the Word, written, oral
These powers come at a dear price-
The loss of sanity.
But, sanity is a blocker
To uncharted areas, ideas
Fantasies, images.
I gave up my sanity at 13.
Virginity at 19.
My colours are brighter, now.
Faces appear while my caramel fingers
Move across a keyboard, or hold a pen
The ink precious, like angel tears.
The lives I create are mine to mold,
Destroy and learn from.
I am mad, true
But my Fate is here, varied and colour-full.



Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle

Choices - Flash Fiction