Adventures With My Muses - Happy New Year THE FINAL CHAPTER!!!!

 

(Frederica artwork by J.W. Bullard)


It's been a week of Frederica, my violin Muse, meeting with other Muses in order to find LOVE! However, it's not been so great . . . . . 


Tea Muse: (running hands through her hair) Alright, so what was wrong with that LAST one? He was a Muse to a scientist and I thought you guys hit it off???

Frederica: He didn't know who Vivaldi was. That was enough for me. 

Me: Well . . . that would have been a perfect opportunity to teach him about all things Baroque music, right? Not everyone, real or imaginary, knows who Vivaldi was. It's up to Muses like you to share the love for the Red Priest.

Frederica: (smiling warmly at me) That's one of the many reasons why I'm your Muse. You call Vivaldi the Red Preist, which he was. I didn't have to tell you that bit of information at all.

Tea Muse: This is why meeting someone who isn't knowledgeable in all things Classical music is a wonderful experience.

Frederica: He also had short hands. I don't do well with short hands. 

Me and Tea Muse: (sighing loudly)

Frederica: I'm particular as to whom I give my heart to. That shouldn't come as a surprise for either of you. 

Tea Muse: True, and yet you shouldn't just turn your nose up at everyone who isn't perfect. Let's face it, NO ONE is perfect, right Kimberly?

Me: (looking at her and grinning) Oh yeahhhh.

Tea Muse: (sticking out her tongue) Well, you've gone through everyone I know. That's it, I guess - 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Me: (walking to the front door and looking out of the peephole) Um, who's there?

Male with a French accent: Allo? I think I'm lost. Trying to find the tea house in Littleton? Allo?

Frederica: (eyes going wide as she gets up from the couch and glides over to the front door) Bonjour? Ca va?

Male at door: Bonjour! Je suis tres bien! Et toi? You speak French? Magnifique!

Me: (whispering to Tea Muse) HE IS IMAGINARY

Tea Muse: (grinning from ear to ear)

Frederica: (gliding through the door) Hello! Um, you're looking for iN-TEA, correct? (Tea Muse rushes to the door to hear better)

Imaginary Male At Door: (tall and distinguished male with bright green eyes, wavy black hair, and dressed like a college professor) Oui, I am! Je m'appelle Remy. Wait . . . you're imaginary! Are you a Muse?

Frederica: (blushing) Oui!

Remy: Wonderful! I am a Muse for a writer and I am late for our meeting! 

Frederica: (murmuring directions to Remy and standing rather close to him) You're not that far, Remy. Good luck to you!

Remy: Merci beaucoup . . . um, I know you don't know me, but perhaps, um, do you like bookstores? Preferably ones for imaginary people?

Frederica: OUI!

Remy: (smiling) Well then, perhaps I can come by tomorrow, say 11, and we can go to this new place I discovered? It's called The Wandering Poet. (kisses Frederica's hand) Au bientot! (disappears)

Tea Muse and I scramble back to our seats just as Frederica appears in the living room. She sees our guilty expressions, then bursts out laughing! We join in!


END! 

AND A NEW BEGINNING!


(Tea Muse artwork by Brittany Lewis)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae