Lesson Learned - Bloom Where You Are Planted


 

Every time that I used to visit New Orleans when I lived in Memphis, I thought that the city was the answer to all of my problems. I knew that if I just moved there, all of my shortcomings and issues would be magically erased. However, when I finally moved there during the beginning of COVID, my problems did not go away at all. In fact, they got worse. I found myself still caught up in the weeds, drifting from idea to idea and even though I had a business to run, I was more worried about stupid situations. Then one day, I received an invitation to visit Colorado, a state I didn't know too much about. I visited and found myself enjoying the lack the drama and toxic behaviours. When I returned to New Orleans, I returned to all of the mess I had temporarily left. And then one day, I had had enough of my issues. I told myself - that's enough. And so, I began to change. I also remembered a piece of advice someone told me a long time ago. She said - it doesn't matter if you are in your perfect home, as long as you still carry your problems with you, then it will never be paradise. When I moved to Colorado, I was in my transition phase and still vulnerable. I turned to old thinking habits and stupid decisions, all the while trying to change. Then, as I finally got a grip on my life and removed the toxic soup from it, I began to bloom here. Really and truly bloom. Recently, I was going through some old journals of mine, and I discovered that I had always been a creative person. I had created art journals, attended plays, visited art museums, and the like. Yet, the difference between the Kimberly then and the Kimberly now was that I know WHO and WHAT I am. I decided to finally allow myself to bloom instead of listening to what everyone else wanted me to be. No more drifting around and lacking in passion. No more listening to people who wanted to mold me into their perfect idea of me that went against what I believed in. No more would narcissists yell at me that I never listened to them. No more would I be that broken woman who could be taken advantage of repeatedly. I was finally blooming into the person I've always wanted to be. I also learned that several people in whom I chased after was because I wanted their lives. I saw their carefree artistic ways and I wanted that for myself yet was told that it was damn near impossible or a waste of time. I went down a spiral of not believing in myself except for when someone glanced at me twice. Never again. Finally, I learned that being a part of the tea industry gave me a chance to bloom in ways I didn't think were possible. I am truly grateful for the camellia sinensis, and I am glad that our relationship continues to grow and change. So yeah, I'm a small business owner now. Yeah, I don't make a lot of money. And yeah, I'm truly happy and blooming with no plans of stopping. 


Lesson Learned.



Viridian Tea Company - Tea Blends, Books, Artwork, and Photography!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae