October 7 - Poetry



Of course, when I sit alone in my space,

My refuge when I no longer wish to be human,

I smoke, horrible, and think -

Dreaming of times when I was a thought

And not just a smear upon the wall.

Perhaps this is melodramatic; a sign of weakness

Among those who live for the written word

But I must confess that I am

In this way…unhappy.

Sacrificed like so many other times

When I was young and flexible like putty

Able to be molded into whatever others wished of me

Now, the clay is hardened;

Whatever was last implanted upon me

Has remained.

So, I drink tea made of clouds to forget

And instead turn myself towards the unseen

To melt my clay and give me sanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT