Bonsai - Fiction


 


He let the bonsai die and I knew he was a bastard. After I found the trail of dead brown leaves on the floor that led to the garbage bin, I asked him - why? Why didn't you take care of it? You wanted that bonsai, wanted to prove something to me. I closed my eyes in frustration and sighed. Why, I asked a final time. Simple, he said in a tone that held a smile. I opened my eyes. It was never about the bonsai, he added. It was about you taking care of me. I slowly sat down on the floor while my eyes never strayed from his face. I need you, he said. I need you to pick up where I've left off. That bonsai represented my last fling with being responsible. He leaned forward and whispered - it's up to you now. I knew he was right. I knew that, even though I was furious at him for allowing that bonsai to die, he knew that I would make things right. I would swoop in with my flowing white cape and make everything better. I smiled back and then got up and walked into the bedroom. He joined me several minutes later to find me packing a suitcase. Going somewhere, he asked as a hint of worry entered his voice. I'm making things better, I replied as I closed the suitcase and snapped it shut. I'm leaving. I grabbed my suitcase and left the room as my black cape fluttered behind me with no breeze. 



Click HERE for the Viridian Tea Company Etsy Store!

Tea Blends for the Strange and Unusual!



(Jazz Lover's Tea Blend)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae