A Flash of Jazz - New Sensation


 

Perhaps it was the way he wore his hair. Or, maybe it was because he was smoking a cigarette, a habit I thankfully never took up. In any case, I knew he was going to change my life. He smoked at his table, not caring if offended anyone nearby, and I had to say something. I strolled up to him, as if I did this sort of thing all the time, and lightly touched his shoulder. He looked up at me and then looked away as if I disturbed him. I stood there for a moment in shock, then quickly returned to my table and hid behind my menu. I felt rage, embarrassment, and fear. I refused to peek from the menu, in case he now stared at me with daggers. I took a deep breath and then exhaled as I slowly removed the menu from my face. He was gone, leaving a still-lit cigarette in the ashtray as a cold reminder that once upon a time, a woman had dared to bother him. I set the menu on the table as a cold sensation crept through my body. From that moment on, I decided to tell the world to fuck off. I had better things to do. 


Inspiration jazz music - Cowboys & Frenchmen 


Viridian Tea Company - Tea Blends for the Strange and Unusual!

Click HERE for the Etsy store!



(Elmwood Tea Blend - inspired by Elmwood Cemetery in Memphis, TN)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Choices - Flash Fiction