Adventures With My Tea Muse - NEW MUSE IN TOWN?! Part One


 (artwork by Brittany Lewis)

A typical Saturday with my Tea Muse: playing jazz records, much laughter, and drinking endless cups of tea at home . . . . UNTIL!

DING DONG!

Tea Muse and I look at each other, then our eyes focus on the door. 

Unknown Voice: (British accent, somewhat snooty yet still fun) Hello? I say, is there anyone in there? Hello? DING DONG!

Tea Muse: Uh, are you expecting anyone today?

Me: Nope. You?

Tea Muse: Nope! 

Me: (getting up and opening the door, revealing a woman with pale rose-coloured skin, black hair cut into a bob, and wearing a Tweed skirt, black-framed glasses, thick black clogs, and a black shirt. She's holding a violin case.) Hi! Um, can I help you?

Unknown Woman: Oh, it's so WONDERFUL to finally meet you! (sets the case on the floor and then embraces me) So wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! (pulls back and holds me at arm's length) Let me look at you! Ah yes, I can tell we're going to have a grand old time together!

Tea Muse: AHEM! (gets up from the couch and marches toward us) And who are you, your Royal Highness? (sniffing her clothes) Say . . . you're imaginary, like me!

Me: (pulling away from the woman with a shocked look on my face) Yeah . . . you do smell imaginary. What's going on?

Unknown Woman: Well, before I answer, can I please come in and get a spot of tea? It's been such a long trip. (picks up her violin case and makes for the couch. As soon as she sits down, a cup of Earl Grey in a fancy china cup and saucer appears in her hand. She takes a sip and sighs.) Ahhhh, that's lovely. Right, (turning toward me) so I'm your new Muse, Frederica!

silence . . . . . 

TO BE CONTINUED!



Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle