Adventures With My Muses - SPRING!!!!


 (Tea Muse artwork by Brittany Lewis. Frederica artwork by J.W. Bullard.)


Me: (fast asleep and dreaming of meeting Marcel Proust)

Tea Muse: (lands on the bed) Happy first day of SPRING!!!

Me: Ugh, what? Who? Where? 

Tea Muse: C'mon, get up and let's go outside to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!

Me: (slowly getting out of bed) Alright, alright, can I at least get dressed?

Tea Muse: (huffing) Fine, whatever (storms out of the bedroom so I can get dressed)

LATER . . . 

Tea Muse: (sitting at the table and drinking a cup of sencha tea) 

Me: (coming out of the bedroom fully dressed) Okay, NOW let's go outside!

Tea Muse: (setting down her cup and grabbing my hand) WOOT!

Frederica: (in the living room with red itchy eyes and a fit of sneezing) Ugh, I HATE Spring! All that pollen in the air!

Tea Muse: Yeah well, that's what Claritin is for! 

Me: Wait a minute, I didn't know imaginary friends can have allergies?!

Tea Muse: Oh yeah, we can get colds AND the flu!

Frederica: (looking miserable) Oh . . . don't mind me. Go out and enjoy all that fresh air and sunshine. I'll be here. On the couch. Sniffling. Alone. (Very Heavy British sigh)

(Tea Muse and I looking at each other, then at Frederica)

Tea Muse: Okay . . . have fun inside! Come ON, Kimberly! (grabbing my hand, we rush outside to the backyard and start frolicking among the dandelions) 

LATER . . . . 

Tea Muse: (sitting on the couch with Frederica - both Muses are sniffling and sneezing)

Me: (sitting at the table with a cup of Darjeeling) Two Muses with allergies. What are the odds. 

Tea Muse and Frederica: ACHOO!



Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae