Adventure With My Muses - The Library!


 

Me: (seeing Frederica off as she travels to the Imaginary Violin Festival) I hope she does well and brings a trophy home!

Tea Muse: (sitting on the couch and looking at YouTube videos) She'll be in her element; all those stuffed shirts talking about VIOLINS! (laughing)

Me: Oh, you're just jealous because you can't play an instrument!

Tea Muse: (rolling her eyes at me) So, whatcha got planned today?

Me: Oh, just going to the library. Got several books on hold I need to pick up.

Tea Muse: (eyes growing wide as she tries to look innocent) Ummmm, can I come? Please?!

Me: Sure, I don't see why not!

LATER!

Me: (in a low tone as we walk into the brightly coloured library) I still can't believe you've never been in the library!

Tea Muse: (whispering harshly) I've been to TONS of libraries! Just . . . not this one. 

We walk up to the counter, where a hip-looking librarian greets me with a deep purple lipstick smile. 

Hip Librarian: Hello and welcome! What brings you in today?

Me: Hey! Just picking up my holds, that's all.

Hip Librarian: No worries at all! (turning her head to face Tea Muse) And what can I get for YOU?

Me: (looking at Tea Muse with a shocked expression, then at the Hip Librarian) Wait . . . you can SEE my friend?

Hip Librarian: Of COURSE I can! I'm a Librarian; I live in a world filled with imagination, creativity, and learning. (Turns her attention to Tea Muse again) Hey there, are you a Muse or something? (sniffing the air) Ah, you must be of the Tea kind, am I right?

Tea Muse: (blushing a lovely shade of green) Wow . . . you can actually see me. And YEAH, I want a library card! 

Hip Librarian: Well, it just so happens that the ALA (American Library Association) passed a recent law stating that ALL imaginary friends get their own library card! Let's get you registered!

Me: I'm off to get my books!

Tea Muse: (trying not to cry) This is probably one of the coolest days ever!

Hip Librarian: Well, as the ARTHUR video states - Having Fun Isn't Hard When You've Got A LIBRARY CARD! (thanks, Marc Brown)





Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae