Lesson Learned - Bigger, Faster, COOLER!


 

Ever since I decided to move my small business from Etsy to Shopify, I have received several emails from supposed people who claim that while they LOVE my website, they have the power to make it SO MUCH BETTER! They have the tools to increase my followers, drive more traffic, and make more money because honestly, who wouldn't want to make more money? Yesterday, I received an email from a man who had seen my YouTube channel and told me that while it looked good, he was able to make it SO MUCH BETTER! More followers, bigger, faster, the works! I reached out and told him that I was fine with what I had. He thanked me for replying and added that if I changed my mind, I could reach out to him. I blocked him. I took a deep breath and asked myself (and later my boyfriend): why are we so consumed with making everything bigger, faster, cooler, with more dollar signs? Why can't we just accept it (whatever IT is) as what it is? Why not enjoy the moderately designed website, the moderately sized piece of cake, the moderately sized everything? Why do we need more, more, more? There are many answers to these questions, but for me, all I can say is that I love moderation. I don't need 20K followers on Instagram, nor do I need my website to be any more than I want it to be. All I need is what I have and if I'm missing out, then oh well. As much as I enjoy making tea blends, I have no intentions of becoming the next Bigelow, or Harney & Sons. I'm good with my 40-50 tea blends, as long as my customers enjoy them and I continue to enjoy making them. Several years ago, I gave away piles of artwork that I had collected through the years. I donated many pieces to organizations or just gave some away to friends, all the while telling myself that I would never purchase that much artwork again. It's okay to support small businesses but I had gotten it in my head that if I didn't support every single artist or business owner, they would go belly up and I would be the cause of it. I've let go of that thought and replaced it with: there are many ways to show support AND be moderate with how you spend your money. You don't need everything and everything doesn't need to be bigger, faster, and cooler. So, many thanks to those individuals who claim that they can make my websites bigger, faster, and cooler - I'm good with what I have. 


Lesson Learned. 


Viridian Tea Company - Tea Blends, Books, Artwork, & Photography!

Click HERE for the store website!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT