Tea Review - House of the Geisha from East Indies Coffee and Tea Company


I had the pleasure of seeing the East Indies Coffee and Tea Company again at this year's World Tea Expo - their blends are always a delight to imagine prepared. Each of their blends are like works of art - full colours, delicious looking tea leaves, and smells beyond compare. They make tea blending look so easy! After seeing House of the Geisha tea blend on display, I knew I wanted to try it. This tea blend consists of green tea, blue cornflower petals, roses, coconut, and other goodies. In opening the sample package, the scents of flowers and coconut welcomed me to what would be a lovely cup of tea (or several!)




First Slurp: I allowed the tea to steep for two minutes and even timed it so that I would not forget about it, then later drink it when it was cold and too much. Bad habit, I know, but I'm getting better (grin) First Slurp of this tea immediately sent me to another place, yet sadly it wasn't Japan. My senses took me to the world of Gauguin and his Tahiti paradise. After several slurps, I looked up Gauguin's work just to make sure that was exactly what I was experiencing. All I could taste was coconut and bright flowers just picked with a hint of sweet grass at the end. Whenever I think of geisha, I think of cherry blossoms and sencha, yet this tea made me want to leave for French Polynesia and never return. Two cups later, I still felt the same. Excellent tea, however! The overall taste and finish was delicate and balanced - every flavour I detected "played well" with each other - nothing tried to overpower and control the tea, if that makes sense. This tea would be the perfect ending to a good yoga or meditation session, or while looking through art books.

Much thanks to East Indies Coffee and Tea Company!

Much Love and Oolong Tea!

Comments

  1. Different varieties of teas contains different types of health benefits. I prefer to drink Spearmint Tea and for more details you can check out the link given below.

    https://thefoodxp.com/spearmint-tea-splendid-benefits-recipe/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT