Tea Blend Review - Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel (East Indies Coffee & Tea Company)



East Indies Coffee & Tea Company's motto is - Water's Best Friend. No kidding! I received a sample of Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel from them while at the World Tea Expo this year and had to try it today. Memphis went from 90 degree days to high 30/low 40 degree days within the span of a week. I've been craving hot chocolate with hazelnut and cinnamon and BIG marshmallows; however, this tea was a nice substitution.

This tea, from the photo above, is chock full of sweet and nutty goodies with a black tea as base. When I opened the bag, the scents of caramel, nuts, and chocolate was a nice welcome to my senses. I used hot/barely boiling water and prepared the tea in one of my French presses (a great way to make tea, by the way!), then let it steep for several minutes. The result was interesting.


First Slurp:
The tea smelled like dessert in a cup, yet when I tasted it, the only flavour I got was a nice mellow "almond roasted with hints of toffee". Don't get me wrong, I love anything that has almonds in it, yet I was expecting a bit more since I smelled so many delicious items in the tea. It wasn't a bad tea at all, just a mild and mellow one with a good nutty balance. However, once I reached the bottom of the first cup, I detected the chocolate along with the steady almond/hint of toffee flavour. I wondered if sugar would have brought out more of the sweeter side. Still, the two cups I made of this tea were both quite good, plus I love the name of this blend for a myriad of reasons (wink).

Much thanks, again, to East Indies Coffee & Tea!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae