Chopsticks - Fiction


 

He arrived first at their favourite Chinese restaurant. She told him that she wanted to talk with him about a very important matter and to wait for her at Red Lotus. He filled his first plate with food and then returned to the table to begin eating. He knew that she wouldn't mind if he started without her. Ten minutes later, he received a text from her - I can't do this in person. I'm ready to say goodbye to you. Take care and leave me alone. He read the message five times, then looked at his lunch with wooden chopsticks laid on the plate. He shrugged and resumed eating while thinking - now I can stay as long as I want. He pulled out his book and began to read and smiled when the waitress asked him if he wanted any oolong tea. He replied yes and then added - today is my first day of being free. The waitress looked at him in silence, then bowed her head and walked off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Choices - Flash Fiction