Human - Fiction


 

Life isn't easy. I used to think that brochure was wrong in trying to sell me a life filled with much laughter, easy direction, and friends who will be around till the very end.  Life is wonderful, crazy, messy, horrible, inspiring, colourful. We come to this world to experience, love, deceive, make mistakes, get things wrong, apologize when we can, and hopefully die knowing that we did the best we could. I want to remember the walks I took through the forest, the times when I drank tea with friends, that moment when someone needed help and I said, "Of course." I want to remember when I failed to be there, the times when I gave away my right to be human. Those times when people told me what they thought was right for me. How it would be easier to exist in a giant bubble rather than accumulate scrapes and burns. There are so many who are hurting, angry with the world and themselves, wanting to numb themselves rather than face what is right in front of them. I want to tell them to breathe. Breathe because it will get better or worse, yet you will make it through. It may hurt or it may be easy - this is all a game. I learned that this is an infinite game - no winners or losers, only good days and bad days. How we handle it is what matters. We are human. Give us credit for that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Choices - Flash Fiction