Learning More About Grape Hyacinths


 

To be fair, I never knew the name of these plants for the longest time. I just knew that they were pretty and that they seemed to appear around the beginning of Spring. However, after taking my regular lunch walk, I noticed a huge patch growing in front of my house. Curiosity got the better of me, and so I began doing research - turns out these plants are called grape hyacinths or Muscari. These plants are planted in the fall so they can grow and bloom in Spring. They DO have a scent that is reminiscent of grape bubblegum, so sniff away! Grape hyacinths are part of the asparagus family and are native to Europe and Asia. Although they are known for that beautiful blue colour, grape hyacinths do come in a wide variety of colours. If you'd like to learn more, please check out the websites TheSpruce.com or Better Homes and Gardens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle