Tea Adventure - Enjoying Jasmine With Twin Dragon


 

As the days/weeks/months roll on, I'm finding that my insecurity regarding Denver is shrinking. I'm venturing out more and learning about what this city has to offer, plus it does help that the majority of people I've met here have been quite friendly. Of course, it also helps that I've received one half of my vaccine shot (getting the second on May 26th!) For the past several weeks, I've been driving by this restaurant called Twin Dragon. This Chinese restaurant is off Broadway and they have a lovely blue mural depicting dragons painted on the side of the building. This past Friday, I and my boyfriend finally had lunch there, and to be fair, I know it will be one of my regular places for good food. The interior decor made me sigh quite a lot and heightened my desire to enjoy their tea while waiting on our lunch. The tea came in a silver pot for one plus cup. The scent of jasmine preceded my pouring the tea. Whenever I visit Asian restaurants, I either get a good green jasmine or an oolong and so far, I've not been disappointed. Such was the case with the jasmine tea that Twin Dragon served - not overpowering, good velvet taste, and it went well with my tangy spicy beef with steamed rice. No two jasmine teas are the same, or maybe it's because of the restaurant's vibe. I think by the time we finished lunch, I had consumed at least four cups of jasmine tea and knew that my senses were on hyperdrive (I later calmed down). 

On to the next Tea Adventure!



Remember to check out my Etsy store for good tea and books - Tea Blends for the Strange and Unusual by ViridianTeaCompany (etsy.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle