Tea Adventure - Robert Fortune Blend 41




My latest Tea Adventure came in the form of meeting a man I'd met years ago. His name was Robert Fortune (1812 - 1880) and he played quite an interesting part in the history of tea. He had been hired by the East India Company to steal tea plants in China and bring them to England. Before accepting such a assignment, he was a botanist for the Crown. The book For All The Tea In China by Sarah Rose gives more detail to this historical moment - I purchased a copy of this book years ago and found it to be quite a read!

Upton Tea Imports created a Robert Fortune Blend 41 and of course, I had to try it. When I smelled the tea leaves in the bag, the first idea I had was - masculine of a Victorian nature. A man who has a full study/library in his home, along with artifacts from various places around the world. A man who speaks eleven languages, a lifelong bachelor, and who always has his nose in a book. According to the VTC Director of Art, James, the tea reminded him of taking a trip to Malaysia (spicy and exotic!). When I had my first sip, I felt as though I had just received an invitation to explore new lands with a man who smelled of bay rum cologne. Pack one suitcase, bring a journal and camera, and take in everything with all five senses. In short, we both loved this tea! 

Click HERE for more information regarding the Robert Fortune Blend 41 and enjoy a cup while reading Sarah Rose's book! 

Much thanks to Upton Tea Imports for having such wonderful teas!



(I love playing with steeped tea leaves!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT