Lessons Learned - MONEY


 It finally dawned on me today - Money is not my life. Let me explain: for many years, there were certain people who constantly told me that I needed to save my money and that my life was nothing without money. And so, I believed them. One person in particular told me to save money every time they saw me, or at least it felt that way. And every time they told me to save my money, I told them that yes, I was doing just that. Except I wasn't. What I was doing was ruining my credit and spending money like it was water. For many years, I felt as though I never had enough to keep me afloat. Another person used to tell me that yes, money did make the world go round and I believed them as well. Fast forward to today - I knew that a bill was coming out of my account tomorrow and after that, my account would have a low balance. I thought to myself, "damn, I'll be broke for a day!" I then stopped and thought and thought and thought. I sat in my chair in my office and realized that I wasn't going to be broke, for how can a person be broke when they have a roof over their head, food in their kitchen, a car filled with gas, several business ventures that were operating quite well, clothes to wear, clean water to drink, and so on? Money is important, and it's also not a reason to live. I've seen what wealth looks like and honestly, I didn't like it. The woman who buys clothes to compensate for a loss that she'll never understand. Tons of purses, shoes, fancy cars, and immense houses, only to watch it all go downhill. Or the person who wants money so badly that any business idea that loses 1% of its luster is immediately chucked out the window. It's nice to have money, yet it's even better when you can respect it. For the first time ever, I finally get it. I get it that yes, I want to spend my money on items that mean something (art from a friend, ingredients for tea blends, books, time with friends, etc.) while giving it the respect it deserves. Thank you to those people who forced me to see only money. You've given me a gift that is worth its weight in gold. 


Lesson Learned. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle