A Flash of Fiction - Three Piece Suit


 

One day, it wasn't safe any longer. As much as I didn't want to believe it, the truth of it all stared at me in the face, daring me to blink. Michael was no longer my lover. I sat on my couch and repeated that sentence over and over - Michael was no longer my lover. We both had the same choice, yet as I declined and faced the consequences, Michael said yes. Now, he would live for the full moon and dream of warm blood filling his mouth. I would stay in my crypt among the other dead and dream of taking a breath again. I will admit, however, that the other dead welcomed me most graciously. They told me that just because I didn't breathe any longer didn't mean that I give up on my creative life. Thank goodness I was buried in a necropolis rather than some forgotten plot. I digress. Michael was no longer my lover, my boyfriend, my future. He and I were supposed to get married but instead, a creature with massive fangs and ebon coloured fur broke into the church during our wedding. He maimed us both with that blood fury of his, only to turn into a dapper older man wearing a three piece suit. Choose, he whispered in both our dying ears. Choose a new life or death. Michael slowly nodded yes, causing the stranger to grin. With my last bubbling breaths, I told the three piece suit to go fuck himself. He nodded solemnly and then closed my eyes. The next time I opened my eyes, I found myself surrounded by several ashen grey people who told me of Michael's future. I, Joanna Von Straten, would remain in the land of the dead, while my never husband, Doctor Michael Arnaux, would roam the world under a shade of blood. 

One day, it wasn't safe any longer. 

One day, I decided that even the dead had the power to kill. 

So began my path of vengeance against the three piece suit. 


Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae