Adventures With My Muses - BIRTHDAY Part Two


 (my violin Frederica)


Me: (hanging streamers from the windows) Are these crooked? I can't tell.

Frederica: (adjusting her glasses and smiling) No, it's PERFECT! Here's some tape. Now, what time will she be returning home?

Me: Not sure. She left in a huff, so who knows?

Frederica: Well, when she returns home, she'll be delightfully surprised! Now then, I need to check on the Madeleines and make sure they aren't burnt. 

Me: Heading out to get some more balloons! 

MEANWHILE!

Tea Muse: (finishing off her lunch, then sighing heavily as she sinks lower in her chair)

Waiter: Do you need anything else?

Tea Muse: (muttering) New friends would be nice. 

Waiter: (smiling) Unfortunately, we don't have that on the menu. 

Tea Muse: Thanks. I guess I'll just take the check. Hey . . . today's my birthday.

Waiter: Really? Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Got any plans?

Tea Muse: Well, I wanted to have lunch with my friends, but they were too caught up in reading to leave the house. 

Waiter: Hmm, they don't seem to be good friends at all. Maybe they've got a surprise party for you at home? Could that be it?

Tea Muse: (mood brightening up) Hey, I didn't even think of that. Maybe they got me out of the house so they could put it together! Yippee! 

Waiter: Well, seeing as how it's your birthday, lunch is on the house!

Tea Muse: Thanks! (flies out of the restaurant) 

Second Waiter: (walking up to the first Waiter) Hey Jane, who were you talking to? Didn't see anyone at this table. 

Jane: (walking off with a warm smile on her face) 

AND THEN!

Frederica: Right, so we're all ready?

Me: Yes we - 

Tea Muse: (bursting through the front door, disrupting the streamers while laughing) Am I late? 

Frederica and I looking at each other then . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 

SOMETIME LATER!

Tea Muse: (munching on her third Madeleine after opening her presents) I'm sorry I left in such a huff. I really thought you two had forgotten my birthday.

Frederica: Of course, we wouldn't forget!

Me: Yeah, I'm just glad you came back home!

Tea Muse: My waiter tipped me off that maybe you guys were throwing a party for me. Glad I listened to her. 

Me: Wait . . . she could see YOU?!

Frederica: (jaw drops open)

Tea Muse: Yeah and we talked AND she served me a delicious lunch! With breadsticks! (looking at both of us) Why? What's wrong?

Frederica: Nothing, nothing . . . I just wonder. . . . .

FINALLY!

Jane: (grabbing her backpack from her locker) Whew, what a day.

Jane's Imaginary Friend: ( a six-foot-tall purple-skinned woman with short pink hair) I think you did really well! Especially with that Tea Muse! (running her chin thoughtfully) I've never met a Muse from the Tea Realms before. Hmmm . . . .

Jane: (grinning) Rina, aren't you really good at tracking down other imaginary friends? Especially ones that smell like jasmine green tea???

Rina: (grinning widely)


TO BE CONTINUED!



(Tea Muse artwork by Brittany Lewis)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae