Bicycle - Fiction



 

I'm not ready for this, Sheila whispered loudly at me. I drank my tea and tried to ignore her, yet I couldn't stop smiling. Seriously, she said with a hint of desperation, I'm not ready to date again. I looked at her and sighed while my smile remained. You and I are enjoying some quiet time in our tea shop, I replied. I only suggested you try dating again. Michael is a long-gone stain on your shoe. I set my cup on the table and leaned back. You do what's right for you, okay? She nodded and sipped her hazelnut latte, then looked up and focused on something behind me. I turned to see a man dressed like a college professor staring at her as he stood in line to order. I quickly turned around again. This wasn't my fish to catch. Sheila quickly lowered her gaze and took a longer sip of her drink. Well, I said, he's cute. She took a longer sip on her latte and I knew that she had gotten on her bicycle once more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle