Tea Adventures - Masala Chai

 


Yesterday, my boyfriend and I visited Shangri La Indian and Nepali Restaurant - something we should have done sooner. We both love Indian food and the last time I had Nepali food was several years ago. Plus, given the fact that we are still in a pandemic, it was nice to get out and enjoy a quiet lunch. Let me just say that the food was excellent and the portions were way more than enough! However, I do want to talk about their Masala chai. In short, it was damn near perfect. An equal amount of spices with milk and tea made for one enjoyable cup. When I took my first sip, I got this dreamy smile on my face, enhanced only by our lunch and then mango custard for dessert (it was so good that I wanted to cry). 

Several years ago, I attended a chai panel at the Devan Shah Tea Festival (now the Los Angeles Tea Festival) and my curiosity and respect for the drink increased greatly. It really is all about the preparation as well as the spices one uses to make a proper cup of chai. 

A little side note - CHAI in Hebrew also means Life - I think that makes drinking a cup even more special. You're doing something good for your body when you drink chai. In fact, the next time you drink Masala chai, close your eyes when you swallow and try to identify as many of the spices as you can. Feel the warmth of the drink cover your body and enjoy the sensations that arise from that act. Make the act of drinking Masala chai an experience!


Thanks for reading this Tea Adventure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle