Tea Adventures - At Home with Chung-Hao


 

Although my latest tea adventure takes place at home, it's no less satisfying to me. Today, I traveled to China via Upton Tea Imports and their Chung-Hao Special Grade Jasmine Green Tea. When I opened the bag and took a sniff, the tea welcomed me into its embrace. Rain kissed jasmine introduced itself to me and I knew I was in for a treat. I brewed the tea for three minutes (the bag stated 2 minutes) and then I poured a cup. The tea rolled around in my mouth like velvet as the jasmine lingered. I then decided to do a tea meditation with the music of The Wong Janice playing in the background. Spring is finally here in Colorado, and a cup of Chung-Hao Special Grade Jasmine reflects a desire to be alive. This tea also reminds me to slow down and appreciate what's in front of me.



Sometimes, I like to place brewed tea leaves in my hand to enjoy their texture as well as connect with what I am about to consume. The founder of Being Tea does this very practice and I can see why. My hand smelled of jasmine and I wonder - could people rub tea leaves all over their body to give them a natural fragrance? 


I'm glad that I was present for this tea. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle