Adventures With My Tea Muse - Bookstores Part Two


 

We arrive at the bookstore . . . . 

Me: (turning off the car and turning to face my friend) Okay, let's stick to the plan we talked about.

Tea Muse: I'll wait in the car while you go in, then once you locate the owner, you signal me to fly in and we'll take him down! (grinning with glee)

Me: Uh, let's not be TOO excited about this. Right, I'm going on. (getting out of the car and walking into the bookstore) Hello? Anyone here?

A voice from the stockroom: Hello back! I'll be with you in just a second! (a man, dressed in jeans, hiking boots, and a black shirt, comes out of the stockroom) Hey there, how are you? What're you looking for today? (walks over to the counter)

Me: Oh nothing, just browsing. (walking toward a display of fantasy books, then turning around toward the glass to give the signal of scratching my head) 

Tea Muse: That's my cue! (flies out of the car and into the bookstore, knocking over several displays in the process)

Bookstore Owner: HEY! What's she doing in here?! (looking at me) Is she your imaginary friend? I've got a rule - 

Me: Yeah, yeah, I know about your rule! What's the big idea? Not allowing imaginary friends in a bookstore?

Tea Muse: (crossing arms over her chest and huffing with anger) What do you have against imaginary friends??? What did we ever do to YOU?

Bookstore Owner: (glares at both of us, then sighs) You know, you are the first to ever challenge me on that rule. (walks from behind the counter and toward us) Got time for a cup of tea? (looks at Tea Muse) Both of you? I've . . . got a story to tell.

I glance at my Tea Muse, just as she glances at me in shock!


TO BE CONTINUED! 


Click HERE for the Viridian Tea Company Etsy Store!

Tea Blends for the Strange and Unusual!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT