Adventures With My Tea Muse - Bookstores Part Three

 



The bookstore owner, after handing us mugs of oolong tea, turns off the OPEN sign at the front door, then sits down with us. . . .

Charlie: Well, my name is Charlie and I've owned this place for ten years now. I've met all sorts of book lovers and bibliophiles, both real and imagined (winks at Tea Muse, causing her to blush and then take a deep sip of her tea). I love the imagination and how one person can create an entire world! My book collection is in the 500s. 

Me: So, what's with the No Imaginary Friends rule? What gives?

Charlie: That . . .well . . .I used to have an imaginary friend.

Me and Tea Muse: GASP!

Charlie: (laughing) Yeah, I did, all the way up to me being an adult. Her name was Francine and she had blue hair and red eyes. She came to me when I was a kid. I was in a bookstore with my parents and had wandered off to the Nature section. I remembered seeing a lot of books on mushrooms when I heard a voice whisper hello to me. I turned around and there she was, a little girl dressed in a white dress with long blue hair and red eyes. I asked her if she liked going outdoors and she smiled and said that she lived outdoors! We talked about books for a while until my parents showed up. I told them about Francine and they just smiled. I didn't think anything about it when she came home with us and lived in our massive oak tree in the backyard. (sighing then takes a sip of tea) As I grew up, so did she, and I never thought anything about having her in my life. I knew she was imaginary but I didn't care.

Tea Muse: (slurping her tea) So, why are you now against us? Huh?!

Charlie: I'm getting to it, jeez! It was a year ago. Things were going well for the bookstore. Francine was still my pal, except one day when I got angry with her for knocking over a pile of books. I don't know why I was so angry with her, but I yelled at her and called her a . . . useless imaginary friend. 

Me and Tea Muse: GASP!

Charlie: She looked at me as though I'd slapped her. She started to cry, then flew out of the bookstore. I never saw her again. I was so broken at what I had done that I set up that rule. As long as I was hurt in missing my Francine, I didn't want to be around anyone else who was happy with their friend. I know it was stupid of me. 

Me: (finishing off my tea) Wow, sorry to hear that, Charlie. 

Charlie: Thanks. I feel like a schmuck. (looking at Tea Muse and attempting to smile)

Tea Muse: (tapping her finger against her chin) What if I could locate Francine for you? 

Charlie: (shaking his head no) She wouldn't return, I know it. I really hurt her and I feel terrible that I can't tell her I'm sorry.

Tea Muse: You just leave that to me! (flying out of the bookstore)

Charlie: GASP!

Me: She does things like that.


TO BE CONTINUED!


Click HERE for the Viridian Tea Company Etsy Store!

Tea Blends for the Strange and Unusual!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT