Adventures With My Muses - Happy New Year PART THREE!!!


 (Frederica artwork by J.W. Bullard)


Tea Muse: (sitting on the couch while eating a large bowl of imaginary ice cream) Hey, Kimberly. We need to talk about (looking around) . . . Frederica. She's been acting really weird lately and I'm worried about her.

Me: (sipping my cup of hot chocolate) Well, she's always kinda distant. I know she's still getting used to being in Colorado. Maybe that's what you're picking up?

Tea Muse: (shaking her head no) Nope! It's something else, I KNOW it!

Frederica: (suddenly appearing in the living room) Hello all, what's going on?

Tea Muse: (glancing at me) Hey, we need to talk. About you. Are you alright? What's going on? Are you on imaginary drugs?!

Frederica: (glancing at my calm face and Tea Muse's worried face, then sighs) I guess I do need to talk with you both. (sitting on the floor, something she NEVER does) You see, this is a new year . . . .and well . . . . 

Me: Well????

Frederica: (glancing at her violin hands) I've, um . . . (whispering something)

Me and Tea Muse: WHAT!

Frederica: Alright, alright! I've never been in love before! Happy?!

Me: (looking at Tea Muse, who's looking at Frederica with wide eyes) Wow. Just . . . wow.

Tea Muse: You want to fall in love?

Frederica: I just want to know what it's like. (sighing in a very British way) I don't really meet other imaginary people in my realm. When I say I'm a violin Muse, others run away or suddenly enjoy looking at their shoes. I thought I was rather interesting. . . . right?

Me:  . . . . 

Tea Muse: . . . . 

Frederica: (sighing even louder) I guess I was wrong about myself. So, what do I do? 

Tea Muse: (sitting on the floor next to Frederica and smiling) Take one step at a time, Grasshopper! I just happen to know many imaginary folks who would LOVE to meet you!

Frederica: (sniffling) Really?

Tea Muse: Yes, really! In fact, I know of a really cool library Muse who's right up your alley! Be right back! (disappears on sight)

Frederica: (looking at me with a hopeless expression) Some violin Muse I turned out to be.

James: (suddenly walking in after hearing our entire conversation) Look, I know it's not easy meeting someone new, especially in the realm of love. Not sure about imaginary people, but love is love. There's someone out there for you, I guarantee it! Okay, I'm leaving again!

Me: (laughing at my lovely boyfriend) I completely agree with him. And, if anyone can find someone for you, it's my crazy Tea Muse!

Frederica: (looking hopeful)


TO BE CONTINUED!!!!


(Tea Muse artwork by Brittany Lewis)




Viridian Tea Company - Strange and Unusual Tea Blends!
Click HERE for the Etsy store!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

A Flash of Jazz - Acoustic Bicycle

Choices - Flash Fiction