Mindful Essay - The Crickets


 

I'm listening to the crickets chirp as I meditate and focus on my breathing. To hear their sounds bring me great (and quiet) joy that can not be replaced with anything else. So much noise lately, so much anger, so much "I'm right and you're wrong". I open my eyes once the meditation is over and reach for my cup of jasmine green tea. I take a sip and immediately remember the time when a woman told me that people don't drink hot tea during the summer. I remember how I smiled at her and said - I drink hot tea all year. She looked at me funny and then walked away from my vendor booth. The cricket chirps again and I wish I could make a tiny cup of tea to share with the insect. I'm feeling better today: more connected, quieter, more aware of myself. I realize that I no longer need someone to tell me my worth. I don't need someone screaming that I am worthless and I never listen to them. Right now, I have my tea and crickets outside of the window. The leaves will soon change. 



Viridian Tea Company - Tea Blends, Books, Art, & Photography!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae