Creative Folks - Essay





 

This morning, I woke up to learn that I man I'd never heard of had died. Luis Vasquez of the band The Soft Moon had passed. A Goth band that I love made a post about his passing today, and when I looked at his band's profile on Instagram, I read many comments from people who mourned his passing, plus acknowledged how much they loved his music. I located his website and listened to several of his songs, then got angry at the fact that I wished I had known of his music sooner. If you're into post-punk, Goth/Industrial, or music that speaks to your soul, you need to give The Soft Moon a listen. While listening to the song Nada, my mind began to wander in a good way. I thought about highly talented artists like him, as well as indie authors, singer-songwriters, artists, dancers, and everyone else who has a creative backbone. Do they get the recognition they deserve? Are people seeking them out through word of mouth or by discovering their talents online? In being the owner of a tea company and published author, I've met some amazing folks, either in person or by way of their work, and revel in the created connection that comes of it. I also love seeing people supporting those creative folks - purchasing their products and spreading the word about them through social media and word of mouth. I love the small businesses, the local talent, the singer-songwriter who dazzles her audience, and the author who writes a novel that you can't put down. All of it. While I am truly sorry that Luis Vasquez is gone, I am also happy that I now know of his music and will be purchasing it very soon. Through his music, he will live on. Through the works of creative folks and the people who purchase from them, the cycle will never end. All of that smells like HOPE and it's a lovely scent. 



Viridian Tea Company - Tea, Books, Art, and Photography!

Click HERE for the store link!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae