Finally - poetry


 

Finally, she said,

I am ready to see the colours.

She closed her eyes

and opened her heart

to the inner world that patiently 

waited for her.

It started slowly, mostly because 

of the screaming winds outside.

She saw those winds, saw who created them 

in her mind,

and with a flick of her paint-stained fingers,

they disappeared.

Was it really that easy, she wondered.

All the years I allowed them

to consume pieces of my soul.

A voice, neutral in tone,

asked - why are you still living so small?

Her eyes opened in surprise

as the truth was laid out before her.

The colors lingered, knowing that

there was more. She took her soul

into her hands. 

Now I am whole, I said. 



Viridian Tea Company - Tea, Books, Art, & Photography!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae