Gliding Bones - poetry


 

I feel softer now - 

more laid back ever since I removed my bones.

Pesky and hard, holding me back

from dancing like a banshee. 

Except now, the dance refuses to come.

I sit on the floor, covered in cobwebs,

and wonder - perhaps I got it all wrong.

Maybe the assholes who yelled and manipulated me

really had the key to a better life.

The cobwebs tickle my eyes

and I remember, yes yes,

I did walk away because

they refused to sneeze.

I stand on my soft feet

and glide around like a leaf

with the knowledge that there is another

way to live.

Their horrific stares disappear

the more I am honest with myself.

I can feel my heart beating;

not desperate (finally) but grateful.

There are no windows here, thank the gods.

I want to view myself fresh, naked, whole,

finally fucking alive.

My words. My soul.

My view of the world is validated

by the dreams made real through

the dust of those long ago who tried to change me.



Viridian Tea Company - Tea, Books, Art, & Photography!

Click HERE for the Etsy store link!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Choices - Flash Fiction

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae