The Lost



 

The child walked up to me with a large red balloon tied to his wrist. He grinned, showing off missing teeth, and then asked me where I was going. I looked at my worn shoes and wondered that same question. Where was I going? Where had I been? The little boy untied his balloon and handed it to me, telling me that whatever I dream of, the balloon will make it appear. Since you're lost, he added in a surprisingly adult tone, then perhaps the balloon will help you find where you need to go. I took the balloon from the child, causing him to disappear. I closed my eyes, felt the warm winds blowing across my face, and then found myself before a small purple painted house in the middle of a forest. An old man dressed in a black robe walked out of the front door and toward me. Welcome to my little Tea house, he said with a grin. I've been expecting you for the last three years. His eyes took in my red balloon. Did a child give you that, he asked me. He told me that it would take me to where I needed to go, I replied. And what did you dream of, the old man asked me. I felt alone and wanted company, I replied as I released the balloon into the trees. The old man took me by the arm and led me inside. Tea should never be enjoyed alone, he said as we walked into a small room with a Tea set laid out for two. Welcome to your dream, he added as I sat down and began to laugh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crows

Tea Is A Good Friend of Mine - Celia Carmen Aceae

Lesson Learned - CONTRACT